Stairway to Heaven


I often hear the Great Smoky Mountains area referred to as "God's Country." If so, then this set of rock stairs along Porters Creek Trail once led up to someone's little slice of heaven on earth.

Of course, as beautiful as the Smokies are, they can in no way compare to the splendor of heaven where the streets are paved with gold and the building stones of the city are comprised of jasper, sapphire, agate, emerald, onyx, ruby, topaz, turquoise, amethyst and other precious gems. And unlike the song made popular by Led Zeppelin, you cannot buy your way there. You cannot be good enough to get there. You cannot work hard enough to get there. In fact, it's impossible for YOU to get there.

BUT, Jesus made a way. He told His followers...

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14:1-3, 6)

The good news is that everything is ready in heaven for your arrival. This can be your eternal home one day if you only confess your need for a Savior and receive Him as Lord of your life. Jesus is the way, the truth, the life, and THE stairway to heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?