He Cares About the Details


I was doing some macro photography today at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and came across this very odd looking specimen in the orchid house. I have no idea what it is, what it does, if this is all there is, if it blossoms into something else... but, the colors and shapes intrigued me.

God knows what it is though. He cares about the details of every living thing. And that brings me great comfort, because that means He knows me better than I know myself, for He created me for His glory and His purpose. He knew me even before I was born. He told Jeremiah...

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you." (Jeremiah 1:5)

Since God made each plant and animal so unique and formed them with such great detail, then how much more must He care for me and you? For we were created after His image. He did not say that of any other thing in creation. In fact, while it might not be as great a challenge for some as it is for others, God knows even the number of hairs on our heads.

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. (Matthew 10:29-30)

Yes, God knows and cares about the details of life... your life. He knows what you are experiencing -- the joys, the sorrows, the challenges, the highs, the lows -- everything! If he notices when a sparrow dies then don't you think He knows your heart, mind, thoughts, dreams, hurts, cares, and so on? Yes, He does. He cares about the details, no matter how big or how small. Talk to Him about them. He's a real good listener!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?