Decisions


You have many choices to make in life. It's estimated that young children make as many as 3,000 conscious decisions each day. In contrast, the average adult makes around 35,000 decisions every day. That wears me out just thinking about it!

Many of the decisions we make are as simple as what color socks I will put on today or whether I should wash my hands or not (to which the answer should generally be yes). Obviously the decisions become more difficult as you consider a spouse, a home purchase, education, career, etc. But there is one decision that has more bearing on your life than any other -- what will you do with Jesus.

The decision to follow Christ or reject Him is a matter of life or death; heaven or hell. Jesus speaks about that decision, saying...

“You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way." (Matthew 7:13)

AC/DC sang a song called Highway to Hell with the following lyrics:

Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too
I'm on the highway to hell


Yes, that road is full of people living for themselves and not answering to anyone. It is indeed a one-way ride because there's no second chance once you've reached your destination. And from what I read in God's Word, it will be anything but a party atmosphere.

Jesus continued...

"Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life." (John 10:9-10)

So, it's your choice. Believe the father of lies - Satan - whose only purpose is to steal, kill and destroy your life... OR believe in the Son of God whose desire is to give you a rich and satisfying life now and forevermore.

CHOOSE WISELY.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Devastation

Do You Love Me More Than These?

That Which Lasts Forever

Out to Pasture

Majestic Radiance

Looking Down the Road

One Splash

Trash or Treasures

Are You On The Rails?